About Search and Rescue Sport (IPO-R)
IPO-R is an FCI sanctioned sport that has many similarities to IGP (Schutzhund) and is an ideal supplement to that as well as AKC tracking, obedience, and agility. Trials consist of two phases – a search phase and an obedience and dexterity phase. There is no bite work.
The sport has 3 levels, an introductory level (V) and the more professional levels, A and B. At each level, you can trial and earn titles in all the different search options. Furthermore, you can do only search work or only obedience and dexterity at a trial if you prefer.
If you are interested in the sport, contact us at ARSAsecretary@gmail.com
Format of the Search and Rescue Sport (IPO-R)
- tracking (AKC style and IGP style both acceptable)
- area search (A.K.A. live find wilderness search)
- rubble search (A.K.A. live find disaster search)
- avalanche search (live find)
- water rescue (dog swims out and pulls a faux drowning person to safety)
Obedience and Dexterity
- heeling with changes of pace
- closed tunnel
- down stay
- changes of position at a distance
- carry your dog
- heeling over a difficult surface
- Get more detailed information about these and other exercises in the international rules.
- Introductory level (V)
- Levels A and B.
- At each level, you can trial and earn titles in all the different search options – for example A-tracking, A-area search, A-mantrailing, and so on.
- You can do only search work or only obedience and dexterity at a trial if you prefer.